These muffins are perfect for a chocolate cake craving without going too crazy!
I tweaked this recipe a bit, and since I’d been told that flax absorbs more liquid than the almond flour, I upped the amount of almond breeze in the recipe. They’re surprisingly hearty, have a great natural taste, and the carob chips give the muffin the perfect amount of sweetness without being too overwhelming. I will absolutely be making these again!
Chocolate Chip Flax Muffins - makes 6
- 3/4 CupBob’s Red Mill Flax Meal
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder (I used Designer Whey Double Chocolate)
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup & 1 tbsp Almond Breeze Vanilla Unsweetened - (I’m thinking I might make this 3 the next time I make it with the hope that it’ll be slightly more moist)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened carob chips
- Optional - Splenda to taste (I prefer something not sweet and the recipe on it’s own gets most of the sweetness from the berries. If you want a sweet muffin I’d recommend using whatever sweetener you’re comfortable with.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray for easy removal.
2. Mix the dry ingredients (almond flour, protein powder, baking powder) in a bowl and whisk so there are no lumps.
3. Melt the butter (30 seconds in the microwave should do the trick) and add to the mix along with the almond breeze and eggs.
4. Mix thoroughly until the batter is consistent. Then pour in the carob chips and mix until they’re evenly spread through the batter.
5. Spoon batter into the bottom of each tin, approx. filling half of the tin.
6. Place 3 raspberries in each muffin, and cover with remaining batter.
7. Bake for 12 - 17 minutes, and then allow to cool.
Nutrition Facts - For 1 Muffin (approx)
(Almond breeze - 25, protein powder - 200, eggs - 140, butter - 300, flax meal - 600, carob chips - 140 = 1,405/6 = 234)
(Almond breeze - 1, protein powder - 36, eggs - 12, butter - 0, flax meal - 30, carob chips - 4 = 83/6 = 14)
Net Carbs: 4g
(Almond breeze - 1, protein powder - 6, eggs - 2, butter - 0, almond flour - 0, carob chips - 12= 21/6 = 3 - 4)
must try this
- zeebu-safari likes this
- healthytalk reblogged this from soon2befit
- samanthaxenomorphic likes this
- tomorrowisworthit likes this
- myhopelessmess likes this
- ketonomz reblogged this from emilysfoodporn
- compulsion-dexpression likes this
- yumyumtomytumtum reblogged this from soon2befit
- teashalalala likes this
- startingmyeverafter likes this
- elisagetshealthy reblogged this from to-witness-my-fitness
- be-healthy-be-awesome reblogged this from soon2befit
- dreame40 likes this
- thefaceofmoe reblogged this from soon2befit and added:
- behealthybefitbetoned reblogged this from soon2befit
- a-dell likes this
- princess-salad reblogged this from fitternotaquitter
- maidofsteel reblogged this from emilysfoodporn
- yyummyyummyfood reblogged this from soon2befit
- hotalot likes this
- sassysquats reblogged this from soon2befit
- goalliego likes this
- sherunsfromscalpels likes this
- fit-sensation reblogged this from soon2befit
- 6packsandcounting reblogged this from fitternotaquitter
- fitternotaquitter reblogged this from soon2befit
- singingonthestreets reblogged this from doitforreal
- doitforreal reblogged this from soon2befit
- forever-young-in-cowgirl-boots likes this
- fithealthyhappysoul reblogged this from psychathlete
- toolatetwo likes this
- jasminemarie89 reblogged this from soon2befit
- chocolatecoveredwords likes this
- rescuemydeath likes this
- notyouraveragenurse likes this
- unbroken-soul likes this
- phxmoni reblogged this from to-witness-my-fitness
- laureneliz11 likes this
- edrooneysoffice likes this
- pandacire likes this
- ti-voglio-bene-il-mio-bel likes this
- perpetuatingthestereotype likes this
- mistakenly-me reblogged this from fuckyeahhealth
- sarahelisabettaxo likes this
- albylenafsy likes this
- cmongetfit likes this
- stonecolddiver likes this
- petertruong likes this